Briefing papers will be prepared ahead of each theme meeting.
1 – ‘Vision’
- ‘Vision’ Theme Briefing
- Jose Reis from Metro Dynamics attended the first theme meeting as an expert witness. Click below to see the Inclusive Growth Framework Metro Dynamics developed with JRF to help local authorities assess whether their projects/investments support inclusive growth: Inclusive Growth Decision Making Toolkit
2 – ‘Place’
- ‘Place’ Theme Briefing
- Katy Lock from the TCPA attended this meeting as she is the current lead of the ‘Garden Cities’ and ‘New Towns Project’ at the TCPA. She delivered a presentation about New Towns and you can view the slides here: Katy Lock -BBBC Place event
3 – ‘Economy’
4 – ‘People’
- People Theme Briefing
- Tim Spencer and Rob Turner from Grant Thornton discuss the results of the Vibrant Economy Index.
- View their presentation here which specifically relates to Basildon: VE Index 2018 – Basildon
5 – ‘Politics and Governance’
6 – ‘Bridging the Gap’
- A briefing paper will not be produced for this meeting as the panel will be discussing their findings to put into the final report to Basildon Council.